Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Endoscopic Brow Lift Grand Rapids
Through expert facial plastic surgery techniques and nearly undetectable incisions, endoscopic brow lift can erase the furrows and frown lines that make you look tired, angry or confused. Repositioning of hooded or low brows allows for a more natural, youthful and restored appearance. Brow lift surgery, when performed with experience and vision, results in an appearance that looks vibrant, happy and youthful. Nothing looks pulled, artificial or overdone and your hairline remains unchanged.
A brow lift treats the upper portion of the face (above the eyes) and may be performed in conjunction with eyelid surgery or a facelift, Botox and facial fillers, or as a stand-alone procedure. Ultherapy is a, non-invasive, FDA approved, ultrasonic procedure for lifting and tightening the brow. Grand Rapids plastic surgeon Dr. Steven L. Ringler specializes in facial plastic surgery and will discuss all surgical and non-surgical options for lifting the brow with you during your consultation to help you achieve your goals for youthful, natural appearance.
What is an endoscopic brow lift?
A brow lift improves expression lines of the brow and forehead, improves a hooded brow and repositions low set brows. Techniques include:
- Several short incisions of 1 cm are hidden within the scalp through which an endoscope, –a special surgical instrument,– is used to release and reposition your eyebrows back up to a normal proportional area on your forehead.
- Short incisions within the hairline at the temples or within the natural crease of the upper eyelid may also improve the appearance of a hooded brow or frown lines.
Why might a brow lift be recommended for me?
Looking younger and improving facial appearance and balance of your eyebrows may be attained through facial rejuvenating procedures, such as this one.
Who is a candidate for brow lift surgery?
Age does not define candidates for facial rejuvenation. Women and men of various ages choose facial rejuvenation to delay or improve visible indications of facial aging. These factors generally define good candidates for endoscopic brow lift procedures:
- The outside of your brow sags, resulting in a sad expression.
- The central portion of your brow hangs down, making you look angry
- You have frown lines between your eyes.
- If you are a female and you are unable to apply makeup on the upper eyelid, because the surface area has been obscured by drooping tissues as you have aged.
- If you gently lift the skin above your eyebrow into a pleasing position and it reduces most of the excess skin in your upper eyelid, a brow lift may be right for you.
- You have realistic expectations and are willing to accept minor asymmetries.