Beautiful skin, free from scars, hyperpigmentation or stretch marks is the goal of many men and women. Until now, most effective skin enhancing treatments have involved the use of lasers, which can be quite painful and may take several days to weeks to heal. Offering a safe and effective, non-surgical treatment option that could be used on any part of the body was our goal in selecting SkinPen as our latest non-surgical skin care option.
SkinPen is a safe and effective, state-of-the-art, non-surgical medical device that improves acne scars, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, softens fine lines and wrinkles and improves overall skin quality with little to no downtime. Using collagen injection therapy, the treatment creates many microscopic channels in the dermis, thereby stimulating new collagen and elastin. Unlike many laser treatments, this in-office treatment is quite painless and offers very quick recovery all within one 30-minute session. SkinPen can also be used in conjunction with other skin care treatments such as Ultherapy, Exilis Ultra®, ForeverYoungBBL, HALO or skin care treatments. By creating micro-channels, skin care products are delivered to the skin more effectively thereby enhancing results.
What is SkinPen?
SkinPen is a non-surgical, medical grade precision tool that works by creating a series of microscopic channels into the dermis to stimulate the skin’s natural production of new collagen and elastin. which also allow products to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin enhancing results.
Who is a good candidate for SkinPen?
SkinPen may be used by women and men of all ages and skin-types who seek fresher, healthier looking skin. It benefits those with hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and those with fine lines and wrinkles.
How long does a SkinPen procedure take to perform?
SkinPen is a non-surgical, in office procedure that is performed by one of our medical aestheticians, Certified Physician Assistants or RN team members in about 30 minutes. It is often performed in conjunction with a skin care treatment or other non-surgical procedure such as Ultherapy® or Exilis Ultra, enhancing those results.
On what areas of the body can SkinPen be used?
SkinPen can easily be used to treat the face, neck, back, arms, legs, décolleté, and abdomen.
How many SkinPen treatments are necessary to see results?
SkinPen results vary between individuals and type of skin care concerns being addressed. A series of 3 treatments spaced about 4 weeks apart may be recommended to achieve maximum results. For patients with deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at 4 to 6-week intervals.
Is there any downtime with SkinPen?
The downtime with SkinPen depends on the depth of the repair process required. It is typical for patients to have some slight redness/pinkness – much like a mild sunburn, for 2-4 days following the procedure. Many patients heal completely in about 24 hours.
Practice Policy Update Regarding COVID-19
Dear Valued Patients,
We look forward to seeing you and are open as of Friday, May 29th as approved by the governor. There are some temporary changes at the office due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Current requirements for guests for treatment at CAPS include the following:
- You will be asked some basic screening questions when you make your appointment:
- Do you have a fever, cough or headache today or within the past two weeks?
- To the best of your knowledge, have you or anyone in your family been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks?
- Have you traveled outside of the country in the past month?
- Your temperature (touchless) will be taken upon arrival. A temperature above 100 degrees will necessitate rescheduling your appointment until a later date.
- All of our guests will be required to wear a mask to enter the office.
- No children in the reception area.
- Extra visitors are limited to 1.
What we are doing to keep you and our team safe at CAPS:
- Hand sanitizer will be provided outside of the main entrance and throughout the office.
- We will require social distancing in the office and our large reception area will be limited to 2-3 guests at a time.
- All hard surfaces in the office will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day including: door handles, front desk, tables, desks, equipment and restrooms.
- All team members will be wearing masks and will be screened every morning before work including temperature.
- All treatment providers will be wearing masks and gloves.
- As always, treatment providers will wash hands before and after each patient visit and change gloves between each patient.
- All equipment in treatment rooms will be thoroughly sanitized between each patient visit.
- We are installing an I-Wave ionization system to our HVAC system which continuously purifies the air killing bacteria and viruses as it circulates the air throughout the office.
- Virtual consultations with Dr. Ringler and our treatment providers will remain available as well as in-person consultations.
- Magazines and brochures will not be available in the office for the time being but are available virtually online.
- Only bottled water is available for our guests at this time.
Thank you for your understanding. Our patient and team safety and well-being is our top concern.
Dr. Steven Ringler & the Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery Team