Practice Policy Update Regarding COVID-19
Dear Valued Patients,
We look forward to seeing you and are open as of Friday, May 29th as approved by the governor. There are some temporary changes at the office due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Current requirements for guests for treatment at CAPS include the following:
- You will be asked some basic screening questions when you make your appointment:
- Do you have a fever, cough or headache today or within the past two weeks?
- To the best of your knowledge, have you or anyone in your family been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks?
- Have you traveled outside of the country in the past month?
- Your temperature (touchless) will be taken upon arrival. A temperature above 100 degrees will necessitate rescheduling your appointment until a later date.
- All of our guests will be required to wear a mask to enter the office.
- No children in the reception area.
- Extra visitors are limited to 1.
What we are doing to keep you and our team safe at CAPS:
- Hand sanitizer will be provided outside of the main entrance and throughout the office.
- We will require social distancing in the office and our large reception area will be limited to 2-3 guests at a time.
- All hard surfaces in the office will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day including: door handles, front desk, tables, desks, equipment and restrooms.
- All team members will be wearing masks and will be screened every morning before work including temperature.
- All treatment providers will be wearing masks and gloves.
- As always, treatment providers will wash hands before and after each patient visit and change gloves between each patient.
- All equipment in treatment rooms will be thoroughly sanitized between each patient visit.
- We are installing an I-Wave ionization system to our HVAC system which continuously purifies the air killing bacteria and viruses as it circulates the air throughout the office.
- Virtual consultations with Dr. Ringler and our treatment providers will remain available as well as in-person consultations.
- Magazines and brochures will not be available in the office for the time being but are available virtually online.
- Only bottled water is available for our guests at this time.
Thank you for your understanding. Our patient and team safety and well-being is our top concern.
Dr. Steven Ringler & the Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery Team